Tuesday 4 December 2012

Kidlit blog hop #6 :Purple Paw Prints

Hi Everyone, welcome back to the Kidlit Blog hop. Head on over to http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/kid-lit-blog-hop-6/
 to join in the fun

Today and I am showcasing a wonderful picture book by a friend of mine Sarah Mounsey.
Here is a little about Sarah from her website
I have always loved to write for children and Purple Paw Prints is my first published picture book. I am an Australian and I grew up in Brisbane, although it has not been my home for over a decade. After spending eight years in London I now live in Singapore with my husband and my two young sons. I have always loved to read and write and credit my Mum for this lifelong passion. I remember getting into trouble as a child for sneakily reading books under the table at school and for staying up late at night writing diaries and stories!I am a primary school teacher and I have always loved sharing picture books with my classes. I also love it when my boys ask for “just one more story,” at bed time. My sons are certainly mischievous but I am very grateful that neither of my boys have ever painted a dog like Eddie does in Purple Paw Prints...at least not yet
PURPLE PAW PRINTS:
Eddie knew as soon as he finished painting Oscar purple that it was a big mistake! Join Eddie and Mia as they attempt to clean their lovable dog Oscar and along the way get into all sorts of wet and purple fun! Purple Paw Prints appeals to children because it uses humour, repetition and alliteration as tools to make it fun and interactive.
MY REVIEW:
I loved this book. A truly engaging story that takes you on a fun journey of discovery as Eddie tries to find a way to fix a very colourful problem. The illustrations are absolutely beautiful. My little Gigi is too young to understand, so I bought some copies for my niece and nephew and friends little boys too. The report was that they read the story at least 7 times the first day, and particularly love the hairdressing page. We can't wait for the next installment, Purple Paw Prints on the Sofa which will be availalbe early next year.
To buy in Paperback visit:
 
Or as an E-reader visit:
Show More
Show Less

Thanks for stopping by and see you in the bloggosphere, Julie Anne Grasso

6 comments:

  1. This looks like my kind of book! I love books that keep kids engaged with repetition and alliteration - they make great read-alouds! Thanks for linking to the Kid Lit Blog Hop! ~Shaunna from Mudpies & Melodies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Stopping by from the Kid Lit Blog #6! I'm going to have get this book for my 4 yr. old, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Frances, I think your 4yr old will love it. Cheers Julie

      Delete
  3. This sounds super cute. My kids would love this. Thanks for stopping by my blog! http://book4children.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is with all the fabulous children's books by Australian authors!? I'm so excited! Thanks for sharing this in the Kid Lit Blog Hop Julie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to meet Sarah - I believe we may have been getting in trouble for hiding with our books under the covers at the same time! Thanks for linking your post into the Kid Lit Blog Hop once more! We'll be back up and running the second Wed. in Jan. See you then!

    ReplyDelete